Product manager Joe Meiser gives his insights on the best features on new Marrakesh, in stock now!
I am pleased to introduce the new spec and colors for our expedition touring bike, Marrakesh. Still offered in either flat bar or drop bar cockpits, with geometries specifically suited for each, Marrakesh is designed to be loaded with up to 90 lbs/40kg, and taken out for a trip or two around the world.
Since it’s introduction in summer 2015, Marrakesh has enjoyed a few unique touring bike experiences.
- It made a trip around Lake Superior under Salsa rider Ben Weaver; with a banjo and guitar in tow.
- The Adventure Cycling Association approached us to design a special limited-edition Marrakesh model for their 40th Anniversary. That is quite an honor!
- She survived a review from Patrick O’Grady who called it a “sturdy, stable, globe-trotting beast of a bike.”
Our team is proud of the Marrakesh and pleased to announce a few spec changes and new color options!
Details that are new for this model include:
- Medium Brooks B17 saddle
- Panaracer Pasela PT 700c x 38mm touring tires
- Tubeless compatible 36H WTB i19 rims
- New gray/green color in the flat bar model
- New red color in the drop bar model
The changes in tires and rims helped us reduce the bikes complete weight by more than 2 lbs., while still preserving the durability and performance characteristics that we expect Marrakesh to deliver.
Marrakesh continues to feature a Cobra Kai CroMoly steel tubeset, Alternator Dropouts, and our Alternator Low-Deck rack that can carry up to 60 lbs/30kg. The bikes wear a Deore drivetrain, Avid BB7 brakes, and our incredibly versatile Cowchipper drop bar or Bend flat bar.
Marrakesh Flat Bar comes in blue or gray/green. Marrakesh Drop Bar comes in black or red.
We think the MSRP of $1,599 is a good value, especially considering the real return on investment could be a long list of life-changing rides. We hope those of you looking for a touring steed consider the Marrakesh as you sort your plans!